Sunday, April 21, 2019

Observing Fieldwork!

Image result for teachers observing teachers


Observing the classroom
So far my experience at Bishop Dun Memorial school has been exciting! Being able to watch my fellow peers teach the second graders is interesting and gives me a lot of insight about how to handle the class we were given.

Each group is able to teach their own version of economics in a variety of ways. Each group has a slightly different topic based off of economics and it is fun to watch each peer have their own way of teaching.

I cant stress on how important observing the classroom is. I think it may be even essential, I believe every student going into the education world should do. It gives students the chance to see how students interact with the teacher, how the students work and what the students will have to deal with while in the field one day. Being able to watch experienced, and even new teachers, can give you real life examples and situations of things that can actually happen in the classroom. Observing will even help you in the field as what one teacher does well and the students react positive, you might want to do that too in your class!  


So far my fellow peers are doing a great job teaching and I look forward to going myself with my group!









1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that observing is a key part to learning to teach. After already watching the first three groups teach to the class I have learned from other peoples mistakes and also had the opportunity to get ideas and learn from their successes.

    ReplyDelete

Learning About Cooperative Instruction

The main difference between science methods and social studies method, besides the subject change, was the introduction of cooperative inst...