Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Social Studies and Science Methods

As my junior year comes to end it is time to reflect on everything I have accomplished though out college so far and during this semester. I would like to take this time to reflect on both my social studies and science methods! 

They were both such insightful and informational courses, I wish I could have more methods to help me for EDTPA and student teaching. I have to say the amount of high stress, pressure, and work is overwhelming, but to see the difference we make for the students, it is all worth it. For my science and tech methods it was overwhelming, it was the first time I encountered such stuff like EDTPA, lesson plans (direct and inquiry) and also working in groups to ACTUALLY teach the students. The ending result really helped me prepare for my social studies experience. As I entered into social studies methods I was nervous (especially since science was so difficult), but I was confident in my social studies abilities and the group I knew I was going with. The take away on both courses has shook me as a student and a future educator. 
I have to say after taking these two courses I will never be the same. 

For future Mount Saint Mary College students taking these courses next semester I will advise this:
  • DONT leave blog post and creating the efolio until the end of the semester.
  • Make sure you really enjoy, and work well with, your group members (you're about to spend a lot of time with them.) 
  • And just have fun! Life is too short to be stressed, just get the work done and be the best effective teacher you can be. Just a reminder: This work is what you signed up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Cooperative Instruction

The main difference between science methods and social studies method, besides the subject change, was the introduction of cooperative inst...