Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Mock Interview



For one of our last day of classes our class held it's own panel on being interviewed by a principle. I was fortunate enough to be a principle and it was informational. Stepping into a principles role, even if it's just for a few minutes was eye opening. Selecting the right person to fight what I wanted at my fake school - Central Valley School District. Although the person I selected was right for the position, maintained great eye contact, and spoke clearly and with authority I was still upset I had to pick one person. But that is real life. What a valuable life lesson this panel was! Listed below is my interview questions I asked my class. I listed them because these questions may be important for all the teachers out there to read and understand :) 

Warm up questions:
  1. Hello. To start off I want you to please introduce yourself and name one reason why you wanted to become a teacher and an interesting fact about yourself.
  2. Tell me a bit of your teaching philosophy.
  3. What do you have to offer to my school district which is based upon behavioral model and direct instruction? Why do you think we should hire you, and not somebody else for the position of a social studies teacher in my school district?
Direct Instruction questions:
  1. What dance do you think of when direct instruction comes to mind?
  2. What are the goals in a Direct Instruction lesson of the student and of the teacher?
  3. I am conducting a surprise observation visit into your classroom!If I walk into your classroom 15 minutes into your lesson about westward expansion what do I see?
  4. At Central School District we pride ourself on our classroom inclusion. During your lesson what are some modifications and/or accommodations you could make for diverse and special needs students?
  5. Can you give me two different ways you can integrate technology during a direct instruction lesson on the Roman Empire?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning About Cooperative Instruction

The main difference between science methods and social studies method, besides the subject change, was the introduction of cooperative inst...